Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Friday 5 October 2007

Wow, that was unexpected...




How funky.

Last post I told y'all how I was merely a gnat's wing (my husband would use the term 'a bee's d*ck' for that one) away from receiving my Ravelry invite, right?

The next day, I c
hecked my placement again, thinking 'ooh, I'll update my progress along the list', and the message "You are 0 places away from receiving your Ravelry invite. We sent you an email invitation TODAY". How terribly exciting!

Hence my not posting for a few days - I've been crawling around Ravelry, exploring all the wee nooks and crannies and setting up my profile. It's taking some time, cause I want everything to look bee-yew-ti-ful. Of course I don't have enough to do on the internet yet, do I, between
Facebook, Shoeboxes, Lifestory and now Ravelry. I love it!

Some pictures of a newly-finished throw rug, I think, to top this post off. I put pictures (ages ago) under "The not-quite-started and the not-quite-finished" of this throw being completed. I'm really happy with the way it blocked, cause it just wasn't lying flat. It's actually the first major lot of blocking I've done, and since I'm so happy with the result, I may make it a regular occurrence...

And, in other knitting news, my linen print top has a back part, completed last night! I am just so enjoying knitting this one. The linen blend is so lovely and soft, and I can't wait to wear it this summer, it looks like it's going to drape so nicely... Or maybe I've got a bit of wishful thinking going on here that somehow this top will hide any unsightly muffin-top. How is this going to work? The top is composed primarily of HOLES. Hmmm. Something for me to think about here. Ah, who cares. I still love this project.

To finish: a vase of lilacs that have started flowering in my backyard. We moved here at the end of last summer, and it's wonderful to watch how all the plants are waking up, and I can see all the different colours they've turned out to be...

Lovely stuff.

No comments: