Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Thursday 11 October 2007

I'm trying!

Funny, I've only done a few of the 'Five Senses Sunday' posts and I've had enough already! I might make it a once-in-a-while thing, to make sure that I only post when I have something of interest to add photos to.

In other news, my dear darling husband has been crook as a dog this last week, and Wonderboy developed a nasty cough that's been really stuffing his sleep around, after he had his Chickenpox (Varicella) immunisation last week. So, I've had sole responsibility for the household - never have I been so grateful for our new car!!! At least I've been able to get Wonderboy out of the house to go to Mum and Dad's, to the park, and the do grocery shopping. Pete's been able to have time to rest without Wonderboy poking him in the face, saying "Dadda ni-nor" (Daddy's sleeping, isn't he, Mum?)...

I'm really happy with this current knitting project - the linen print is knitting divinely, and I have to say, this is my first project in which I feel I can start calling myself a Knitter (with a capital K, as opposed to knitter with a lowercase k). The Yarn Harlot describes the difference in 'Knitting Rules!' - I'm pretty
certain that's the book, but (and I apologise to the Harlot for my slack arse here) I am just so, so tired that I cannot be bothered looking up the direct quote. Sad, isn't it? I can't help it - knitting has won out these days...

I feel like I've got the confidence to rip back and redo now, rather than tilting my head to one side as I look at a little mistake and saying "Aw, no-one will notice", even though everytime I put on that item, I think "That's that spot where I stuffed up the ribbing". And, I've decided, now is the time to Knit like a Grown-Up. Heaven forbid this means I act like a grown up - that's never going to happen! All this means is that when I cock-up, I stop, I think and I go back and fix the problem, even if this means making an effort!

I've now cast off the front, and cast on a sleeve - I feel like I'm flying on this one! This would have to be the fastest I've knit a top for myself!

Check out my gorgeous, gorgeous rose as it has opened this week. This is the very first bloom from my own, brand-new rose garden I planted in the winter. This is from a variety called 'Fragrant Delight'...

No comments: