Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Wednesday 31 October 2007

Knitting Scouts - a quick post

Hey, I've earned myself some Knitting Scouts badges! (from Cast On dot com for other Knitting geeks):


* There's The “MacGyver” Badge (Level One) - The recipient must demonstrate clever use of a non-knitting tool in a knitting-related scenario. For instance, recipient has used paper clips as stitch markers, or successfully whittled and then utilized bamboo skewers as dpns.

* The “Knitting Whilst Under the Influence” Badge - This applies to both actual knitting under the influence, as well as achieving moments of stunning intellectual clarity about ones knitting under the influence. Presumes talking about knitting whilst under the influence a given.... didn't knit anything very stunning, however!

* The “Inordinately Fond of Novelty Yarn” Badge - In which the recipient professes an arguably unhealthy affinity for yarn with slubs, sparkles, spangles, fur, feathery bits, and an unconscionable proportion of man-made fibre. Recipient makes no apology for the preference (This was earned on WonderBoy's behalf, for his love of my very fuzzy novelty scarf that he likes to wear around the house like a feather boa, usually teamed with my shower cap);

* The “Proselytize Knitting” Badge - A requirement for all Knitting Scouts, the recipient must do his or her bit to present knitting in a positive light, whilst at the same time avoiding all references to “hipness”, grandmothers, and yoga.


* The “I’ve Knit Items With No Conceivable Practical Application” Badge - Recipients are those “special” campers who have knit items which somehow missed the mark of their intended application. There are probably more who are deserving of this badge than one would expect. My personal crime was two (yep, two!) right legs for baby leggings. I blame pregnancy for the lapse in any sort of clear thinking.

Tomorrow: I stop pinching wonderful ideas from other people's knitting podcasts (actually, I can't say I pinched. Here's the link to 'Cast On', a wonderful podcast that I spruik on a regular basis) and start ranting about my case of startitis and my boredom with endless rows of baby yarn...

1 comment:

NH Knitting Mama said...

Wow, go girl! You have a lot of them!