Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Monday 1 October 2007

Five Senses Sunday (or 'Oh, the Humanity!')

I know this post is a couple of days late; I'm not going to make a habit of it. I've been up till 1am every night for the past three nights, and since Wonderboy hasn't yet reached that point in his little life where sleeping is a good choice, we've also been up each of those mornings at around 7am... But here's Five Senses Sunday, in all it's painful, post Grand Final glory...

The sight of people (most dressed ready to support the Manly Sea Eagles) pouring into the Olympic Stadium, geared up for a big Grand Final!












The sound of the wall of noise that 81,000 crazed football fans can make on kickoff (also the sound of over half those fans booing Michael Crocker after he pulled a late tackle on Brett Stewart and knocked him rotten, and chanting "Off! Off! Off! Off!")






I'd like to tell you all about the taste of a hot footy meat pie, but I never did end up having one! Maybe I can say the taste of bitter defeat...

The smell of new car interior... We managed to trade our good ol' Corolla in on the weekend, buying our first real 'Mum & Dad' car, a white 2006 Subaru Forester. Pete's picking it up tomorrow, and I'll post a photo then.

And now, just to make me feel better - the feel of my knitting. I haven't picked up the sticks much over the long weekend, but here's what I'm up to in my 'Ines' Rowan Linen print top:


And, in other news: I just checked on my wait list status on Ravelry, and I'm only 215 people away from being invited! I can't wait! Just goes to prove after this weekend's disappointments, there's always something good going on in life...

No comments: