Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Wednesday 17 October 2007

It was the drugs, I swear!

I finished the second arm of my Linen Print top today, and I have to say, I am SO PROUD. This is the shortest time I have ever taken to knit an adult top, and this was one with a reasonably complex stitch pattern (for me, anyway - I know, I'm still learning!), plus I even made sure to be careful and thorough about the whole thing, undoing and redoing mistakes. I feel I am on my way to becoming A Knitter.

Back to me finishing the second arm. I was coming up to the end of the straight part of the arm, and absolutely motoring along, and making my increases on each end, every sixteen rows and marking it on the photocopy of my pattern faithfully. After awhile, I found myself thinking, "I could have sworn I finished the other arm faster than this", but my little markings told me I still had five out of the last sixteen rows to complete...

Now, the next ten minutes were a bit of a blur, I have to say. I just remember feeling like someone had slapped me on the forehead and next thing I know, there's a puddle of Rowan Linen Print noodles around my ankles. I had completed an extra fourteen rows thinking I still had a pair of increases to make, when in reality I had done enough rows to have completed all the necessary decreases for the set-in sleeves and cast off! I still maintain it's the meds I'm on to shake this head cold that made me do it... Hey, I think it's the meds I have to thank for making me knit like a maniac!

So, I am proud to say, I rethreaded the needles, completed the last fourteen or so rows, and got on with sewing in the edges. Hopefully in the next day or so I can get it all sewn up in time to wear to my Year 12 ten-year reunion; an event I'm nervous and excited about at the same time...

...I still can't believe I've finished a top for myself in two months - I'm so proud!

No comments: