Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Thursday 1 November 2007

Complaints and Startitis

It's Thursday again, and that means that my work week is over. Bear in mind, when I say 'work week', I mean Paid Employment. Once I finish my three days of Paid Employment, I embark upon my four days of hangin' with WonderBoy and trying to catch up on housework.

I do enjoy my days at home with WonderBoy; we play all sorts of games, argue over how many packets of sultanas we're going to open (today the score is 0 in the supermarket itself - WonderBoy not impressed - 1 in the pushchair walking up the street to visit Auntie Lulu at work, and 1 at home when WonderBoy 'helped' me to unpack the shopping - he was helping just to find the sultanas), and just generally enjoy each other's company. And now the Complaints and Startitis. Don't say I didn't warn you all last night.

Complaints: I am sick of baby yarn! The wee bub's hat that I'm knitting ant the moment is a little rectangle really, so the pattern is so basic a monkey could knit it ("so what's your complaint?" I hear everyone ask. Very funny.) but the major problem here is that this is the fourth one I've knit, so when I pick it up, I feel like my brain is starting to trickle out my ears. It's disturbing me, cause I know I should not be feeling like I have to force myself to knit. It just doesn't feel natural, you know? I'll just pause here to allow a shudder down all our spines...

It's one of those knittery paradoxes, isn't it - when you've knit a large garment on 7 and 8mm needles, you feel itchy for something little and simple. In this case, little and simple is driving me nuts cause I know I've got something more interesting in the stash cupboard. Another baby gift, but knit up on lovely 100% 12-ply Cleckheaton wool. Can't say much about this project cause the pregnant recipient may find it!

Hence the startitis - apart from the 12-ply baby gift, there's a mohair blend jumper for me I want to get started, another big baby gift, a lace shawl, a toy cat, AND I want/need to learn how to knit socks by Christmas. Am I expecting too much of myself? Possibly. Expecting too much from my family to put up with all this? Never! Perhaps now wasn't the best time to join a Monthly Dishcloth KAL on Ravelry?

Ah, well. Here's some Spring Garden pictures to soothe the soul. I'll crank up my 'Get This' podcast and add some more rows to the baby hat...


Azaleas, and...














... Very lovely Lobelias. I wish I could find sock yarn exactly this colour.

No comments: