Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Wednesday 1 April 2009

I'm forever knitting bobbles...

I've started a "Cables and Bobbles" square for the first of three April squares of Lola-Frog's 2009 blanket, and I'm quite enjoying it, really - I've never knit a bobble before, and I feel quite pleased with myself whenever one turns out okay.

I read an article in one of the knitting magazines Mum lent me a few days ago (and I can't for the life of me remember which one or where!!), where someone (who?) says that one should always stop to admire one's knitting often as you go, to make sure you're still enamoured with the project, also to remind yourself just how fabulously talented you are. I like this advice. I like to look down every few rows and marvel at the patterns emerging from the underside of the needle, like a
document sliding from a printer... it just appears, as if by magic! But photos of the squares will be here when they're all completed and blocked. It gives me something to aim for.

However, there are photos of the Raspberry Clapotis! Sadly, the weather round these parts has been fantastic for crops, gardens and ducks; less so for outdoors knitting photography. So in the name of expediency, we shall make do with a chair near the window...... and one, just to show the rows of dropped stitches. I still can't believe how long it took to drop a stitch and have it ladder down a row in this yarn - I really had to work at each and every drop to get them to let go! Still, I think it's worked out very prettily, and I'm quite pleased with it. I think I shall wear it tonight to Knit Night.

Here's the Noro Striped Scarf, in its' infancy. I LOVE knitting this scarf, and it's just emerging so naturally and organically - I almost don't need to concentrate too hard now on the 1x1 rib, my hands have got used to working the stitches in this pattern. When Lola-Frog is having a lie and a kick on her mat, I sit next to her to knock off a few more rows while I'm chatting to her, and she's just... transfixed! She watches my hands so intently as I'm knitting this one, I'm beginning to think she'll be picking up her own needles before long!

No comments: