Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Friday 17 April 2009

Publicity Knit

Another great evening out with the KnitNight crew. Here's a shot of at least half of us, knitting away for a photo to be sent in to a local glossy magazine. They're going to write a piece on us (cheers to Barb, who set this all up, consistently proving to us, 'It's not what you know, it's who Barb knows'!) to give us some publicity heading up to the World Wide Knit In Public Day for 2009.The rest of us were in photos on Barb's camera... We missed you, Dianne, Becca, Clare and Prue!

I managed to cast on for WonderBoy's Weasley Sweater, employing some maths inspired by Elizabeth Zimmermann's techniques to ensure a good fit...

After knitting the gauge swatch, I liked the tension that the needles gave the fabric (I'm using Bendigo Woollen Mills 'Rustic' 12ply in "Delta"), but the gauge
was out by a couple of stitches per inch. So instead of fiddling with needle sizes, I worked out how many stitches I needed to cast on to get the same width, and off I went... feeling pretty proud of myself, but not proud enough to taunt the Knitting Fates. I'll keep measuring on WonderBoy as I go, with my fingers crossed!

Speaking of WonderBoy, he helped me to set out the sweater for photos of where I'm at right now...
I think Captain Feathersword and the squeaking crocodile really set it off, don't you?
Ta daaaaa!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter, and was able to spend time with friends and family.

No comments: