Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Thursday 30 April 2009

A quickie

I'm not at KnitNight tonight, sadly. Pete's been crook as a dog this week (we're talking 'I need a young priest and an old priest' sick here), and so I've stayed home tonight so he hasn't been left at home to deal with both kids whilst sick.

I am, however, knitting a hat. Why, when I've got both a scarf and a sweater on the needles, I don't know - I'd just been looking at the Yarn Harlot's pattern for her 'Unoriginal Hat' for quite some time and wondered if the chunky yarn I had stashed would work. So, on pulling the yarn out last weekend and swatching, I
decided I might as well start it and hopefully finish it within a week.

I'm pretty sure my gauge is okay. I kept thinking I was well off and knitting a tiny hat, but I 'think' (read: hope) that it'll fit me:
Whew, time to get the ol' eyebrows done, eh?I'm not so great at taking photos of myself. I'm pretty happy with the the cables, too! Actually, after finding reasonable success with the cables I've attempted on squares of Lola-Frog's blanket, I've been quite keen on continuing to practice cables. That's probably why I'd been watching this hat pattern, almost willing myself to have a crack at it... I should be finished in a day or two, hopefully, and if it's successful, I'm going to try swatching the same pattern with a smaller gauge yarn and needles in an attempt to make the same hat but smaller, for Lola-Frog. She doesn't have a knitted hat of her own yet.

I'm still cracking on with WonderBoy's Weasley Sweater, up to the intarsia now. I decided not to put the 'H' on the front, I've charted an 'X' instead. I gave WonderBoy the choice between 'A' for his proper first name, Alexander, or 'X' for his shortened name, Xander. I like getting his input for his garments - he even chose the blue yarn on the Bendigo Woollen Mills website!

Well, back into it. Maybe I'll get the rest of the second set of repeats done on this hat tonight!

No comments: