Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Thursday 8 November 2007

Dishcloths, Stash and Buttons

My serious case of startitis is sadly, not improved... since last night. Never fear, I have taken steps to alleviate this awful, awful situation.

Firstly - I have joined a lovely KAL on Ravelry: the Monthly Dishcloths KnitAlong. I love the idea of collecting the lines of the pattern over a week, twice a month, to create something really quite simply. I've been looking for some inexpensive 'handbag knitting', and since I haven't yet leaned how to knit socks yet (something I am intending to remedy very soon!), this will be a cool little knitting 'side dish' of sorts.

Secondly - I have gone on a stash binge! With husband-ly permission, of course... the vast majority of it is for Christmas gifts: 100% Peruvian Highland wool for knitting and felting a pair of 'Fuzzy Feet'; a heap of 8-ply Shepherd 'Colour 4 Me' for a beautiful wee baby blanket called "Hearts and Stars" by Zoe Mellor; a couple of skeins of Heirloom sock yarn in self striping colours (told you I was going to learn!); and six balls of 'Peaches n' Creme' 12-ply cotton for my monthly dishcloths!

I've had to buy it all over the internet, from a fabulous place called The Wool Shack, over in Perth (I've shopped with them once before, and they are lovely to shop with!), and a place in New South Wales called Ozeyarn. haven't shopped there before, but I'm looking forward to recieving my goodies! I'll take photos of everything as it arrives. I does suck tremendously that I don't have a 'local' (all Aussies will understand that word) - a place I can rock up to several times a week and not look like I'm addicted to the merchandise, where I can chat with the owners, salespeople and customers alike, a place that might run a Stitch and Bitch regularly... But I do like the convenience of the Internet for shopping...

And before I sign off for tonight, a request for techno-help... I've been wanting to put button links on the blog here to sites I visit frequently, but I just can't figure out how to do it! I've looked on online tutorials, but I don't think I'm looking up the correct thing, or following instructions incorrectly... I just can't figure it out... Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

No comments: