Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Friday 16 November 2007

From the Sublime to the Ridiculous

My itchy fingers have led to other projects being cast on (for novelty purposes, I stress - the lovely 12-ply 'Baby Surprise' has jumped up to the circular needles sleeves section and so each row is a lot longer, and progress... is... slooooww).

I'm giggling a little bit as I post this. I knit THIS last night, with THESE needles... my first attempt at knitting in the round on double pointed needles (of course, I could have chosen socks to start this on, but me? I like a challenge. I do lace) and so, yes I know I've buggered the pattern up there - I need to practice this one some more before I start gifting them on hapless friends and relatives this Christmas. I am pleased though, with the time taken to knit them up. Even for my first attempt, I managed to knit it up in one evening, and this boosts my confidence that I may even be able to give knitted love to several people this year for Christmas.









And then today, I cast on THIS swatch, with THESE needles... this is destined to become my mohair 'Gypsy' jumper that has been on my list to start all year. Christmas knitting? Knitting for babies who are due to arrive at fairly certain times (I know due dates aren't absolute, but hey, knitting for me has no time limit at all!!)? Naahh. I start a jumper for me. I love how when I pulled the bag of yarn out of my stash cupboard and looked carefully at it, I realised I've falled in love with this yarn, all over again! I love the colours and the way they just work, y'know? And, I realised as I was knitting my swatch and admiring the way the colours are striping so beautifully, because the jumper will be knit in one piece on the side, the stripes will be vertical - and I LOVE it! Never let it be said that knitting does not surprise on a regular basis.




And now, before we end this little tete-a-tete (I have an appointment with a Gypsy mohair jumper), here are pictures from my ramblings in my garden yesterday afternoon... It's so cool that this parrot decided to fly up and just sit on the branch, within arm's reach of me and my camera. It must have been pretty confident that its colours kept it pretty well camouflaged...



















... I'm going to make some muffins.


No comments: