Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Thursday 29 October 2009

Thursday Night Shuffle

Tonight's song is actually today's song... wasn't able to get to KnitNight tonight... and today's song surprisingly ended up holding some significance for me and for our little family, since today is the day that Lola-Frog was told that she didn't have to be a froggie anymore. The hip brace is off and our darling girl is off and away!Today's song is "Life, In A Nutshell" by one of my favourite bands, Barenaked Ladies. It originally featured on their 1994 album, "Maybe You Should Drive"... The lines that appealed to me, and to Lola's situation as I was driving home are

'... But I don't tend to worry 'bout the things that other people say
And I'm learning that I wouldn't want it any other way
Call me crazy but it really doesn't matter
All that matters to me is she
...' '... I fell down with no one there to catch me from falling
Then she came 'round
And only her tenderness stopped me from bawling my eyes out
I'm OK, and that's why
... '

I mean, you can read anything you like into almost any song you want, but that's what I saw in those lyrics today. Bless you, my darling daughter!

No comments: