Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Monday 26 October 2009

Finished Emergency Birthday Mitts, and Guerilla Knitting

No, not THAT sort of Gorilla!

hehe... couldn't resist such a stupid joke! That was taken a couple of weeks ago on a family day trip to Taronga Zoo, in Sydney. Here I am, with my monkey offspring...


At any rate, I meant to keep going with the Tale of the Emergency Fingerless Mitts. Gather round, chill'n, and hear my story! What was I up to? Oh, yeah.
Crapping out on the Humanity Mitts on the Thursday, and casting on a new pair of Fetchings that night instead... I managed to get the pair finished by Sunday lunchtime, even with them being a little longer than your usual pair of Fetchings, and with my improvised new thumb, which would have taken up more yardage than usual. My sister seemed pretty happy with them:and so I hope that these will see plenty of use next year when the weather gets colder again! I used Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran, which was just delightfully soft to knit with. It felt lovely to try the mitts on as I was going... maybe I'll knit me a pair one day!

And now, on to Guerilla Knitting. I happened upon an example of Guerilla Knitting in my home town of Bowral, a couple of weeks ago, in the main 'plaza'. I think this is reclaimed Sari silk, knit into a post warmer, featured here with Wonderboy.
I do think it's pretty cool, but a big part of me is ticked off that I didn't get to do it first...

No comments: