Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Friday 12 June 2009

Stuff I like this week...

A big mug of hot chocolate: Always good before going to the gym.
Opening my first birthday present at 12.20am - hey, it was technically my birthday then! I can't wait to try making some of these little dresses for Lola-Frog!'Yes, Minister' and 'Yes, Prime Minister': I'm getting right back into these series; Pete bought me the complete collection for Christmas last year since I like to have half-hour TV shows ready to watch while breastfeeding. Best quotes?

"Politician's logic: We must do something. This is something. Therefore we must do it."

"A somewhat unorthodox procedure means The act of a gibbering idiot."

Hacker: "Do we ever get our own way with the French?"

Humphrey: "Sometimes."

Hacker: "When was the last time?"

Humphrey: "Battle of Waterloo, 1853."

My new Noro Striped Scarf: Yes, I was that crazy lady draping a scarf on a lilac tree outside this morning wearing Cookie Monster pyjamas. Wanna make something of it?White dudes dancing: I love this filmclip so much, I showed it to WonderBoy yesterday and he laughed himself silly. I always found Christopher Walken to be somewhat scary, but not after seeing 'Weapon of Choice'. Or 'Hairspray', for that matter...Being lucky enough to be spoilt for choice: Will I cast on Woolly Wormhead's 'Meret' for myself? Will I cast on another baby-sized 'Unoriginal Hat' by Yarn Harlot for a friend's bub? Will I cast on Lola-Frog's third June square?

James May's Plasticine garden in this year's Chelsea Garden Show in London. I think what i like best about it was the outcry it caused in the Establishment. But Stephen Fry liked it, and that's good enough for me. Top Gear UK, and by extension, James May totally rock.
My lovely new Fetchings: Thank you so much, Barb! They're lovely and soft and beautifully warm to wear - I'll be sporting them tomorrow for the World Wide Knit In Public!

No comments: