Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Wednesday 18 March 2009

Mad as a March Square...

Quick picture update on the '2009 in a Blanket' KAL... I have completed the three March squares and am all ready to get back to my Raspberry Clapotis! Sounds like some sort of dessert - yum!


Here's the first; the pattern is from 'knitsimple' online, called "Carla's Blanket"... I've enjoyed choosing patterns from this blanket to add to mine...

This one is from my book, "Blankets and Throws to Knit" by Debbie Abrahams. Lots of inspiring squares in there that can be knit as the blanket pattern prescribes, or by picking and choosing individual squares, like I have... The intarsia was a bit of a battle - as all intarsia is for me! - but like all intarsia for me, this was rewarding in its outcome.

And the third, also from Debbie Abrahams book. Not my favourite - it didn't work out quite the way I'd wanted... It's supposed to be done in one colour, with the wavy lines being done in a texturally contrasting purl stitch against the flat knit stitch background. But, for better or for worse, it's done.
Back to Clapotis tomorrow night at Knit Night... it's coming along nicely. I did make the decision to add further repeats of the middle section rows to elongate it, and I'm pleased I did - it's looking very good, and eminently wearable for this winter!


1 comment:

Dianne said...

All the blankies look stunning! Can't believe how productive you are, with two littlies around...

Last night was fun. I think the new venue will work much better, don't you?