Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Saturday 21 February 2009

Speaking Engrish

Okay, I just got photos of my ball winder and swift, (purchased in my last shopping binge from the excellent people at The Wool Shack in Perth, along with all the Noro and WOOLganics yarn - I forgot to mention it in the last post!) ready to post here on the blog, and I'm still giggling after having a closer look at the instructions...Ye, gods - not only is it ALMIGHTY, it's exceptionally HANDY!

No, wait - it's ALL POWERFUL! I think it might also make your whites their whitest and your colours their brightest...

There is a very funny website, called Engrish.com that features "...the humorous English mistakes that appear in Japanese advertising and product design." I reckon the instructions for my swift fall well in that category:

My favourites?

"Push the red button and adjust the size of machine-reel. Please."
Thankyou. I do believe I shall.

"When you open and shut it, please give a slight swing. Just as you do with your umbrella or parasol."
I do love the helpful examples given, to make sure we're all on the same page.

Do go and check out Engrish.com. You laugh long time. Please.

No comments: