Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Thursday 3 July 2008

Finished objects! And some news...

Roll up, roll up! We got finished objects here!

And some news... but I'll leave that to the end...

First up, we have my little yarn monster, inspired by Henry Watts, Esq. His adventures with the humans he lives with with may be followed he
re, at "A Little Bit Of Happy". I can recommend tripping over there to catch up on Henry's exploits, and urge all and sundry to put a vote in for the fabulous "Henry" t-shirt being modelled as of June 30. I'm certainly not pretending that young Ruby-Lou here is even in Henry's league, but I certainly did try with this striped hussy! The original post where I documented starting her can be seen here.Next on the chopping block (literally, I think), we have the hat I knit for WonderBoy. As I mentioned, I'm a little unhappy with the way it turned out, or more specifically, unhappy with the somewhat gargantuan size of my son's beautiful head. I still haven't washed and blocked it, so you'll have to see it as it stands right now, so to speak. I am happy with the yarn I used (a good, basic, cheap, 100% wool from my local craft chain shop), and I do like the way the colours worked out...And then... the hat I was working on for WWKIP. It's a little larger than I'd have planned, but let's face it, I'd rather a hat be a bit big rather than a bit small! I used a lovely pattern on Ravelry, called "Robin's Egg Blue Hat", by Rachel Iufer. The only thing left to add is a big button on the brims where they overlap, but since I haven't yet got around to finding a suitable button, I'm just wearing the bugger anyway. Meh.We also have a new sock, started so I'd have something to knit on a Preschool excursion to Sydney a couple of weeks ago. I'm using Regia Galaxy, and knitting the Yarn Harlot's "Plain Vanilla Sock Recipe". No issues with the sock and the pattern, but I'm a little disheartened with the fact that it just doesn't seem to be knitting up in the beautiful Saturn's Rings type pattern that I was anticipating. Ah, well... we'll see how we go.Since the Drape Cardigan and I are having a trial separation, I've taken up with the beautiful, gorgeous, almost edible Handmaiden Casbah 'Paris', and started the "Branching Out" lace scarf by Susan Lawrence. This is how far I'd got as of June 28.Then WonderBoy decided to bring it to me. "Look, Mummy... big ball!" My heart sank as my eyes followed the thread of yarn as it left the kitchen, wrapped around his little table and chair set as it wound its way into the family room. Bless him, it wasn't his fault; he was just bringing it to me... but the needle had slipped about half the stitches and I just couldn't salvage it and get them back on... so we took a trip to frogsville, just me and the scarf. sigh. When I cast on again, it will be the third time I've attempted this scarf. Someone up there doesn't want me to get this done!

Some stash shots:

This delightful raspberry concoction (modelled by a cranky-looking Luna) is merino/cashmere sock yarn, handpainted by 'The Knittery' in Victoria, and purchased through the lovely people at the Wool Shack. With this yarn, I shall be joining the Clapotis club - I was feeling a little left out!
And this is be a ginormous ball of my own handspun! I *think* I've worked the weight out to mean that I'll need 5mm needles (yes, I swatched!!), and I have a cabled scarf planned for this stuff. I figure now is a good enough time to try learning to cable!

And the big news?

Pete and I are expecting another wee knitter in the family! I'm twelve weeks gone, with a due date for our little friend set on or around January 13 2009. Should be fun! I'll add a ticker to the blog in the next couple of days... should I actually drag my lazy butt back here to get it done!

No comments: