Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Wednesday 16 April 2008

Oh, I am SO knitblogging this

I have lived in hope, waiting for there to be some sort of fibre-related event to be held within cooee of my location.

I feel so gypped when I read of the Yarn Harlot's exploits at various festivals, like Rhinebeck or the Sock Camp organised by Blue Moon Fibre Arts (you have got to check out this entry on her blog, about Sock Camp - oh, I want to be there!), cause there just isn't that equivalent held near me... well, not that I know about. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places. Maybe I'm being silly, wishing for these things to happen near me rather than travelling. Dunno... I'm just in a stage of
life right now where I can't just can't drop everything and chase fibre across the state. I know, I know, I'm just not putting in the effort!

But then today, I checked Ravelry (instead of knitting the Stars and Hearts Blanket) and my friend Dianne (check out her blog here!) mentioned the Robertson Woolcraft Festival. Did I know it was on this weekend? Hell, no I didn't!

I'm so excited. There's going to be speed knitting competitions, spinning, and fleeces for sale. And although I know that the majority of people there will be considerably older than me - actually, I don't know this for certain. Maybe it's a stereotype in my mind built on things I know about our area that will be well and truly shattered
on Saturday - maybe there will be younger people I can connect with? I love thinking of all the potentials for the day. I'm hoping to get a stitch 'n' bitch group going in my local area, so this could be a good starting point...

Watch this space for photos of the day!

No comments: