Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Friday 25 April 2008

In the spin

I'm feeling quite pleased with myself this week; although the ironing basket is growing so fast that it seems destined to receive a postcode of it's own, I've managed to crack out the spinning wheel.

The fleece I bought at the Robertson Woolcraft Festival is spinning up quite nicely (or what I think of as nicely - I'm not that experienced!), and the colours are variegating themselves prettily - creams, greys and dark browns all in one
fleece. I'm sure there are better spinners than I out there who would be separating the colours so they spin it into separate colour lots, but I quite like the way the colours have plied together, with a mottled effect. And so, here is not a fabulous photo, but a photo nonetheless of my recent spinning efforts:
In other news, I took WonderBoy up to the native botanic gardens near our home for a little adventure. He's pretty obsessed with water features, God bless him, and getting him past these was pretty difficult...

Like the Wiggles sherpa hat? He does...

Short post, I know... Not very knitterly, I know... but I am back into term time on Monday, so I'd better get used to this! And hey, there are only so many photos I can take of the second of My First Socks! I'm getting good progress on them, so it won't be long before I
'm casting on anew!


And, before I go... Today is ANZAC Day, when Australians and New Zealanders remember the diggers who landed and fought at Gallipoli.

Lest We Forget.

No comments: