Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Sunday 20 April 2008

I'm wearing a new hat.

But first, I managed to get the 'Hearts and Stars' blanket finished and blocked in time to take it up for darling Baby Ava (as WonderBoy insists on calling her) on Friday afternoon. Never thought it would take as long as it did to cast off in moss stitch. Yuck. But it's looking pretty good, yeah? The pattern called for 8-ply cotton, but I've gone with Shepherd 'Colour 4 Me' 100% Australian wool. It's washed beautifully, and it's very soft to the touch. And then the first of my first pair of socks. After several frogging issues, I've finally finished it... Now the My First Sock is complete, it's time for me to experience My First Bout of Second Sock Syndrome!
Second Sock Syndrome arrived promptly yesterday evening, when I pulled the skein of Rainbow Wools 'Popcorn' yarn from its carrybag, bought yesterday at the Robertson Woolcraft Festival... I cast on their lovely simple roll-brimmed hat pattern, and off I went.I knit in the car, all the way to and from visiting Ali and her husband, and their beautiful baby in Sydney, and I am pretty proud to say I finished it this afternoon. I've been wearing it ever since around seven this evening. I'm so pleased about how the colours worked out. There's no colour pooling at all, and having them all blend this way has almost made a whole new, subtle colour. I'm loving it something stupid.

Now I shall sing, and dance, and eat chocolate.

No comments: