Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Friday 1 February 2008

I get it right, on occasion

I have to type quickly, as our new kitten, Luna (as in 'Lovegood', for all the Harry Potter-philes out there) is insisting on helping me here.

Today is Pete's and my fifth wedding anniversary, which to people who have been married twenty-plus years I'm sure is a mere blip in the greater scheme of things. However for us, it's a bit of a big deal, especially since this year is also the tenth anniversary of our first meeting.

And so, in the spirit of that sentiment, I splurged a little on Pete, treating him to a voucher to race a real, live V8 racecar at Eastern Creek raceway! It was lovely to see him so excited when he first looked it over, thinking it was a ride in a V8, a 'hot lap', till I said "You do know, they're gonna let you drive the thing, don't you?"

I'd fully explain his response, but since most of it involved the repeated use of the word "Bullsh!t", I feel that everyone would already get the general idea of his surprise and happiness... the V8RACE Experience website is here, for those interested in seeing how much I love my husband!

I love surprising him and making a big deal of special events and gifts, and I especially love his reactions when I put these things together.

In return, Pete is taking me to Sydney next weekend for a lovely overnight stay and dinner on a Harbour Cruise, which will be divine. I love being able to relax on a boat, and Sydney Harbour would have to be the ultimate place for it - beautiful at all times day and night.

In knitting-related news, I am waiting desperately for the Baby Sleeping bag to dry after I wet-blocked it this morning... Since it's cream and I've been knitting it so long, I really felt that a) it definitely needed a bath in a nice woolwash before giving it away (it's lovely and soft and smells of eucalyptus now), and that b) I should block it properly before attempting to sew in the zipper.

The downside of all this careful thought and planning is that now I'm desperate for the damn thing to dry so I can sew in the zip, as the baby shower for this particular expectant mum is tomorrow at 2pm. In Sydney. Where I will be attempting to drive all on my own (I'm not the most confident driver, and this is my first trip to Sydney alone).

I don't need this kind of stress!

No comments: