Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Wednesday 20 February 2008

Ah, I'm in love

... with the skein of "Paris", which found it's way into my possession on Monday. *sigh*. I just want to walk around the house, patting it and holding it and singing little wee songs in it's honour. It's. Just. That. Perfect.This picture was in 'Ravelry' where the Aussie Sock Knitters gather to chat - Irene from Jolly Jumbuck put this up in December to illustrate the beautiful shipment of Hand Maiden she'd just got in. And I think I can see my (MY!) precious skein, right there! Okay, now I sound really weird.

It's like someone took a Monet 'waterlilies' painting and wrung it till the colours poured down into this yarn, which is just so amazingly soft and yet has the most beautiful sheen to it. Even after a little snafu with the post returning it back to Jolly Jumbuck (damn you, Australia Post!) I received it most happily and gratefully, with the added little surprise of two little beaded stitch markers, marked 'Jolly' and 'Jumbuck'.

The wonderful Irene at Jolly Jumbuck added a lovely note to my receipt, saying "Thanks Jenny, I hope you enjoy this heavenly yarn. Irene"

I love Irene. I really do.

1 comment:

Diantee said...

Lovely yarn and the Branching Out scarf will be perfect.