Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Sunday 2 March 2008

Aw, for the love of...

Holy crap!

Computers get me so damned cranky at times. Particularly now.

I did have a moderately entertaining (if not downright odd) ra
nt all set to go (since about February 28 - hey, great art takes time) and when downloading and installing a RealPlayer update, it decided it needed to restart Firefox for me, taking my nearly completed post with it. Aaarrggh!

Now, I'm prepared to overlook several points here, one being that

a) maybe I should have got my arse into gear and just published the damn thing;

b) this may have been the Universe's way of telling me it wasn't really as entertaining as I thought it might be;


c) there is a distinct possibility that running seventeen-odd programs at the same time, editing family videos and burning backup DVDs all at once may have had something to do with it. Something about me having too high expectations for my faithful Toshiba;

d) maybe Pete's right, now is a good time to back the system up and run a full format.

Or maybe, now is the time for me to create my Army of Gnomes, set them up to take over the world and persuade everyone to convert to my ways of thinking. Here's an artist's impression of what it might look like:Don't underestimate them. They are wearing hand-knit hats, made from only the finest alpaca and merino (and some silk too, what the hell), spun with wee beads made from semi-precious stones and sequins (designed to blind those opposing them, of course). They will defend their hats, and possibly even their own lives. Just do what they say, and everything will be well and happy.

Trust the gnomes.

No comments: