Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Thursday 28 May 2009

May Squares

Okay, I've got me some completed, blocked squares for May, all ready for showing off!

This was the first completed for this month, designed with a froggie theme in mind. I'm really quite enjoying the design aspect of the squares I've been making lately. When I couldn't find an image designed that already suited what I needed, I charted my own using colour knitting (with both intarsia and stranded/fair isle techniques) as well as textured stitches, to create the wavey bit in the middle...

This one sort of emerged as I knit it. As I completed the striped section, I decided I needed something else to set it off, and thought about using duplicate stitch to get the pattern happening. The heart was measured and placed using the same heart design used in the first January square...
And the third, which is the first letter of Lola-Frog's name. I'll be knitting the other letters, one at a time, over the next few months. I'm still not entirely convinced that the 'L' stands out enough and is readable enough, but I'm coping with the decision through laziness!
Now, seeing as today's the 28th of May, I'd better get cracking on the June squares!

No comments: