Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Monday 25 May 2009

I'm back...

And I even have knitting to show for my absence!

We were off the air for the last three weeks or so, with our internet being capped after we exceeded the monthly download limit. So, I've been knitting, rather than blogging about knitting. It's been a bit tricky this month; I've found it somewhat difficult to commit myself to getting the three May squares done for Lola-Frog's 2009 blanket.

I've been distracting myself with lots of little projects - probably the biggest I've been able to dedicate myself to has been WonderBoy's Weasley Sweater (which I'm not too far off finishing - just doing the second sleeve now). Apart from that, I finished a 'beret' (I use this term loosely, and you'll see why very soon) designed by Wooly Wormhead, called the "Baby Rollin' Beret". She designs the most fabulously interesting hats, for adults and children, and I love her designs.

In this case, though, I don't think I have done the pattern justice, because ev
en though I managed to get the maths right to up the pattern to the next size, believing it would fit Lola-Frog's huge head and taking into account the different weight of yarn I'd decided to use, I did not plan for the right amount of depth required, and so we're left with what appears to resemble a wee baker's cap:I did finish up the May squares, though, and I'm pretty well pleased with the finished products. I'm getting into the idea of designing and charting my own patterns, using intarsia, stranded (fair isle) and textured stitches to make up the pictures and patterns. They're blocking right now, but I'm hoping to be able to take the photos and upload them tomorrow.

As well as all this, our knitting group have been very busy preparing 'cup cozies' to hand out to people on World Wide Knit In Public Day next month - we're going to be knitting at a little cafe on an outdoor plaza, and so we hope that the cozies are used with disposable coffee cups on the day. Should be good.

As I'm struggling these days to get to bed at a reasonable hour, I must leave it here. Lola-Frog's darling wee nose is a snot playground right now, and so I have a feeling I'll be up a lot tonight. Possibly a chance to get more of this sleeve knitted!

No comments: