Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Wednesday 5 March 2008

And in non-gnome related news

I'm thinking socks. Many, many socks.

I'm currently knitting the heel flap on the lolly-coloured Heirloom Jigsaw (I won't bore you with a photo - they are taking an agonisingly long time to knit as I'm
trying to keep going with the 'hearts and stars' baby blanket, plus I really have to get a little teddybear vest cranking for Monday.

Let me explain. At Preschool, we have a little teddybear 'mascot' for each of the two classes, who goes home for a visit with each child and their family for a week. He comes with a journal where each child (with assistance from mum and dad) documents what Ted got up to at their place - who he met, where he went, et cetera. The children get right into it, and get very excited when it's their turn to take 'Travelling Ted' home with them. I am in the process of getting the journal and teddy ready for our youngest group, and he needs something to make him individual. The Ted for the older group has a wee handknit rainbow scar
f, so I thought this Ted could do with a little vest. I'll post some pics when it's all done...

Back to socks.

Last week, I ordered some more sock yarn from Griffin Yarns - some Regia Galaxy, in three different colourways: Jupiter Blau, Jupiter India and Jupiter Wald, which knit up in the most fantastic swirls. The ad for the yarn in KnitSimple shows them like this:
I can't wait to get stuck in! I'm thinking of knitting one pair for Pete to wear to work, but I can't decide which colourway to go with yet... I get this feeling they might not make it past my sock drawer...hmmmmmmmmm...

No comments: