Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Friday 11 January 2008

Holey Giant Jumper, Batman!

Crap, there's a hole in my jumper!
*snort* Nah, just joking, that be the neckline! Please excuse the psycho face - I'm quite shocked and don't photograph well. An unfortunate combination!

Well, I've got to the point of sewing up the Mohair Gypsy Jumper, and I've reached a crossroads of some description: I have just completed what feels to be the world's longest jumper, and I have several options.
I do really love how the stripes have come through, but!

You see, I did 'get gauge' (really I did!) and I measured myself before knitting to make sure I was doing the right thing to start with. I found I had to knit the largest size, to accommodate my bust measurement, and i felt that the other measurements would result in a large jumper, but then, I hadn't knit this with any thoughts of it being terribly close fitted to begin with, anyway...

So, here are the options to weigh up:

Option One: I frog it and then re-knit it entirely to the same size, but make the 'front' and 'back' panels at least fifteen stitches shorter;

Option Two: I frog it and re-knit it entirely to the same size, with smaller needles;

Option Three: I sew it up and wear an enormous, quite cosy jumper this coming winter.

Bear in mind, I am lazy and want a result right away (!)

No comments: