Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Sunday 16 December 2007

Ask, and ye shall receive

I did spin that night, and so have asked for trouble. Trouble hasn't yet arrived, but I think the flight will come in later this week - I'm due to pick trouble up from the airport. Have I used that analogy up yet? Yeah.

I have to say, time flies when I'm spinning. I hadn't got anywhere near the wheel since my last lesson (too much Christmas knitting!) and so I was worried
when I didn't just pick it up again straight away. This was one of the first times I'd had to set everything up from the get-go, and figure out the tension myself. As a result, I feel that quite a lot of it is overspun, but I think I might be getting better at maintaining a reasonably consistent thickness (apart from joins - I still have to practice at this) as I spin. I might do a bit more spinning tonight...

In the spirit of really rolling out the red carpet for Trouble, today I took Wonderboy to our local indoor play centre (Mummy went to a Christmas party last night and needed some time to knit while Wonderboy could p
lay in a padded, fenced off area). Instead of continuing with the first of a pair of 'Fuzzy Feet' (a fuzzy foot?), where I am decreasing for the toe - I have never done Kitchener Stitch and did not want to try it in a crowded children's play centre; I chose to keep working on a new washcloth I started (for myself!) last weekend. I have so many other UFOs to be getting on with, but goodness knows I don't have the attention span to keep on with the same one in any extended period of time!

And here it is: I have to say, I am IN LOVE with the pattern this cotton has formed as I knit. Every few rows, I would hold it up to show Pete, saying "Look, look! Can you believe the way this is turning out? Aren't you amazed?". He was less than totally blown away, but here it is for your consideration. What do you think?








And this is the final washcloth for the time being; this is the first one I completed through the "Monthly Dishcloths KAL" I joined on Ravelry awhile ago.

It's a bit hard to see the the squirrel here; you'll have to trust me that's it's there. My camera tends to smush all the detail together when I try to take close ups with the flash on.






Often the themes to washcloths (I find I can't call them dishcloths; I wouldn't be able to bring myself to use one to scrub out a filthy saucepan!!) are seasonal to the United States, and so I found myself knitting a washcloth with a squirrel on it! Hehehe... I still giggle when I use it in the shower, and Pete still thinks I'm a raving lunatic.

It's good to see that nothing changes around here.


No comments: