Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Thursday 7 January 2010

Thursday Night Shuffle

We're into a New Year, and I'm back at KnitNight. I can say, with certainty, that I have been looking forward to tonight with much anticipation! It was great to reconnect and catch up with those who were able to make it tonight, and I celebrated by consuming a chocolate ice-cream sundae. As one does.

There were new yarns to show, tell and drool over; pattern books to examine and exclaim over, and completed and unfinished projects to examine and praise each other over.

I love the movements we go through as we arrive, choose a seat and plonk bags down. First, there's an exclamation of how busy we've been at home lately (children generally feature here!) or how busy the roads or shops were on the way. Or
there's comments about how hot/humid/wet or cold it's been that day, and whether it's seasonable for this time of year. It never is seasonable, not where we live. Being summer right now, it's not unusual at all to see people in jeans and footy guernseys one day, and shorts the next.

Then comes the fun part - show and tell. It's so nice to have people to bounce ideas off, to solve problems with collaboratively, and to inspire you to try new patterns, yarns and techniques.


But I digress. Tonight's Shuffle song features on Robbie Williams' 'Greatest Hits' album, which was released in 2004.
It's called "Let Love Be Your Energy", and it's a song I listened to a lot when I was pregnant with WonderBoy. I find it to be quite a positive, uplifting song, and it's a lovely one to belt out like a maniac when driving. We've been listening to a lot of Robbie lately, at WonderBoy's request... "Can you put on Wobbly Williams, Mama?"

Hopefully I'll manage at least one more post before we head off for a little family holiday before I go back to work... and then after our break, I should have quite a bit of knitting to show for it, as we've got at least four hours of driving time each way - I'm looking forward to it!

No comments: