Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Sunday 3 January 2010

New Years' Resolutions... Knitting Style

"Resolutions, Baby they come and go, Will I do any of these things? The answer's probably no..." 'Next Year' by Jamie Cullum

I never make New Year's Resolutions... for precisely that reason. However, if I were really pressed to do it, I could make a list of New Year's Knitting Resolutions. I'll give it a bash, and we'll see just how many I've upheld by the end of this year, shall we?

1. Knit more socks. I just keep buying sock yarn and stashing it all over the house, probably because it's just so pretty! I only need to buy one skein for a project, too, so it helps to get me a yarn fix without having to spend a fortune at a time.
2. Try some more complex sock patterns. We'll see!

3. Finish Lola-Frog's 2009 blanket. I'm so close to finishing the squares, and I've worked so hard to get to this point, it would almost be criminal not to get this one put together and backed with a lovely soft flannelette.
4. Knit more gifts. I bought '101 Designer
One Skein Wonders' by Judith Durant earlier last year, so there's no excuse for me not to be able to go stash diving and come up with lovely and quick gifts for friends and family.
5. Knit more from the stash. This one almost doesn't count as a resolution, as I think every knitter with a stash secretly means to adhere to this promise every year!
6. Finish the wrap cardigan. Bless it's heart, this one's been living in my
stash cupboard for a long time now. It's about time for it to come out so I can figure out where I was going wrong and get it done. Finally!
7. Knit a lace stole or shawl. In real lace yarn, not just sock yarn. Pr
obably with beads, too. This will be my biggest challenge for 2010!
8. Knit for my sister's new arrival. Due in July, this baby will need plenty of handknits!
9. Knit a jumper for Pete. I've always wanted to and intended to. I have a pattern ready to go. He says (repeatedly) that he'd like me to handknit him a jumper. *sigh* Hopefully this is the year it will happen.

And as we prepare to look towards this New Year, I'll finish with a quick look back on the finished projects I did manage during 2009. It was to be a year of Knitting Fearlessly, and I'd like to think I've expanded my skills base somewhat, gained more confidence and fallen a little bit further down the rabbit hole of Knitting...




1 comment:

Martina said...

you are doing great stuff!