Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Saturday 1 November 2008

Mama loves to knit... Baby does too!

Delicious news to report - I know that I'm more likely to feel Little One kicking when I'm at rest, rather than when moving around (the movement rocks the baby to sleep, and he/she wakes up for exercise when I'm still), but over the last couple of weeks, I've discovered that more so when I rest to knit, Little One really gets going!

I've just finished another baby project - a summer blanket knit from Rowan 'Linen Print'. The yarn is now discontinued, I think. I got a big bag of it from a local yarn and embroidery shop who were trying to get rid of it. Usually priced at $16.50 per 50g ball, I got each ball for $4.00 - good stuff! It has a lovely feel and drape to it when knit up; I've already made a lace top from it for myself, and with each wash and wear, it just becomes beautifully soft. And so, with Little One due in January, a lighter blankie made of linen seems quite fitting. The pattern came from Ravelry, called 'Radiating Star Blanket' by Alexis Layton. It's quite a nice one to knit and very easy to pick up the repeats, especially when knitting in front of the television! I'm still weaving in the ends (many of them); in fact, it's something I'm supposed to be doing right now - and I'll post photos once it's blocked and looking bee-yewtiful...

I've also started the OpArt baby blanket from this season's Knitty, but I have to say, I'm not enamoured so far. I just don't like the colours I've chosen, and I think I need to use the 'colour-and-white' combination that the pattern suggests... I just can't bring myself to pick a single colour!

Photos to come - I must get going and keep weaving in the ends...

No comments: