Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Monday 9 June 2008

Oh, this is pathetic!

Crikey, Moses. I can't believe it's been nearly a month since my last post - this is very, very slack behaviour on my part, and there really is no excuse for it!

There is so much going on right now. I've been stashing like mad, having procured a couple of lovely skeins of merino-cashmere that I've got earmarked for my very own 'Clapotis'; a couple of basic balls of a blue/brown 8ply 100% wool I picked up at my local chain craft store for a hat for WonderBoy, and three balls of a really nice cream-pink-green soy/wool spun into sorta chunky singles, bought at the same time as the WonderBoy yarn. And then there's the enormous ball of handspun I managed to get washed and dried nicely. The soy/wool has been cast on for another hat for myself, an I'm thinking of a cabled scarf (maybe a matching hat?) for the handspun.

It's amazing with the handspun, actually - even after several washes and dries (drys?), I found that the spun and plied yarn was dropping a fair bit of dust as I wound it into a ball! Grrr. Maybe several more washes and dries?

I actually finished the hat I planned for Wonderboy and was a bit annoyed with a) the pattern, and b) myself for just continuing with said pattern. I measured WonderBoy's (somewhat enormous) melon, and worked to the measurements stated in the pattern, and although the hat fits him around his head, it's just a wee bit shallow. Damn! Ah, well. It was less than one ball, and I can always knit another when this one is way too small. It'll fit Wonderboy for a little while at least. Can't win 'em all! I can always send it to the next friend who has a little boy...

The drape cardigan and I are having a trial separation at the moment. I've completed the back without any issues, and I've got halfway through the left front now twice and had to frog it twice when I've come to an numbers issue with the pattern - I'm always ending up with way too many stitches! I even took it to Mum, and she's got no idea, either. So I've put it, in all it's half-completed glory, into the bag with the yarn and it's going to spend some time in the stash cupboard while I busy myself with hats and scarves for awhile - a few easy, instant gratification pieces. I'll get back to the cardie... at some point!

In other news, I have my spinning group meeting (or 'Mummy's Playgroup', as we term it) on Friday, which I'm looking forward to, and then I'm taking myself up to Darling Harbour, Sydney on Saturday for World Wide Knit in Public Day. I have some fabulous Ravelry buttons I ordered a couple of weeks ago, ready to wear on the day, and I'm hoping to feature my new hat, as well. Should be a good day; I'm looking forward to knitblogging the whole thing!

Another pathetic thing about this post is that I am not going to be bothered with adding photos today. I know, what a stellar lack of effort... Hopefully, I'll get myself organised once Wonderboy's hat is washed tomorrow and whack some photos up before Saturday's festivities.

I blame the long weekend for my laziness!

No comments: